Maybe a year or so ago I had a passion for writing poetry. When I couldnt express how I was feeling or had noone to talk to, I wrote a poem. Not always the same structure or the normal rhyming techniques, but a style that was shaped around my current feelings. As things changed and people changed in my life, I put aside the one thing that I loved the most, my poetry. My writing was an escape from the reality of life and allowed me to create my own idea of a perfect world. It was as if all I needed was a pen and a paper and I was happy. I guess you can say the same way you grow apart with friends, I grew apart with my writing. However, its something that I am gaining back and will once again fall in love with.
2.14.07
Sunlight danced across his body
As lightening flashed
And I knew that God had to be mad
Because he was mine
And I was his, but just for that moment
Fore just as the sun interrupts the moon
I knew this night would end, and so would we
Because we were apart of another family,
And the work of love
Was only temporary
Realizing I couldn't ask him to come back
Because he had vanished right before my eyes
As a baby stripped by a stranger from his mothers arms
The light in my life has turned dull
Complicating my path and hindering the chance
of finding someone who would give me courage
The courage to love again
However, time moves at a horrible speed and
He and I lived on
As we were before
As men do
Out of love…

No comments:
Post a Comment